Thursday, October 10, 2013


Tiger Invitational
Elmwood Park High School

Another beautiful day, weather-wise.  And a fun ending to a meet with our coach, two Walther parents, and a future Bronco running in the open fun run.  Most everyone had a significant improvement in their times, so even though there were not a lot of medal winners, there were lots of victories in regards to personal bests and improvement of overall mile pace.
Well done, Broncos!!!!

Order of Events:

5:00    Boys Varsity:  Eric, Mario, Mitch, Jacob, Jose, & James
5:30    Girls JV:  Ale, Nessa, Chloe, & Kelli
5:55    Boys JV:  Jaylin, Benji, Anders, Steven, Zach,
                             Jose, Kenny, Rohan, Joey, & Peter
6:15:   Open Race:  Coach Goffron, Mr & Mrs Friederich

Varsity Boys:
(3 mile run)







GO BRONCOS!!!
 At the starting line


At the first mile marker...




























With the cars in the background, it looks more like a 'cross town' run versus a cross country meet!


































I couldn't resist getting these with our lovely new tent in the background!  Thanks again, Boosters!!!



Eric finished 14th out of 78 runners.  Time was 16:55.  Super!


Mario's time was 18:18.  Nice job!

Mitch finished in 18:26.  Improving every week!

Final time was 22:06.  Didn't give up in spite of complications.

Jose's time was 19:18 Doing well.

James crossed the finish in 19:52.  Good improvement, James!

The strangest thing we've ever encountered in the middle of the shute at the end of the race!

By the way, thanks to the parents and grandparents who come out to cheer on the runners!

JV Girls:
(2.25 miles)










(I've realized that my camera doesn't do well with the changing light of a setting sun.  My pictures started out fairly clear at the beginning of the meet, but got fuzzier and fuzzier as dusk settled in.  I didn't know what I should do to change the settings on my camera to solve this problem, so I apologize for the poor qualify.  Feel free to send me any good pics you might have taken!)
 






















There were 132 runners in total for this race.


2nd place with a time of 15:01.  Huge improvement!!!



36th place with a time of 17:22, a good improvement on her mile pace.

 
Finishing time was 19:27.  Getting better!!!!


My deepest apologies to Kelli.  I somehow missed you during the race, and you beat me to the finish line!  I'll do better next time!!!
No time was posted for you either.  :-(   

 JV BOYS:
(2.25 miles)









(My apologies to Jaylin too.  Almost everytime he ran past me he was just a blur.  Was it my camera or his lightning speed?  We'll never know for sure!!!)




Look, Jose!  Someone else thought it'd be cool to run like you did last week!!!


At first I was going to post this as an example of how bad my camera was, but then I decided this is a really cool picture!!!  So I'm going to say I meant to do it like this (wink).  :-)


 (This is where Jaylin was supposed to be.)











 



Well here he is finally, but somewhat blurry.  He was the first of the team to finish.  He was 52nd out of 147 runners, finishing in  14:19.  Great job!
  
Benji finished in 15:45 Getting faster.


Anders crossed the finish line in 16:10.  Improving over time!!!



Steven was done in 16:51.  Coming back strong after his injury.



Zach completed it in 17:07.  Huge reduction!
For whatever reason, there were no times listed for the remaining runners.  Sorry guys.  (If Mr. G. has them, I'll get them from him and post them later.)




 






Finally, the Open Run:
(1 mile)




Hmmmm...a ghost runner???  (Who got 2nd Place!!!)


Our 23rd place finisher (on the left).
 
And our 24th place runner (and in spite of what it looks like in this picture, there were more than 24 runners!!!)

Our sole medal winner today:  2nd Place for JV Girls (less than 1 second behind the 1st place finisher!).

Chicago Marathon coming up this Sunday for those of you who aren't afraid of getting up at the crack of dawn.

Next race:  Conference 
on Saturday, October 19.  

(Place:  TBA)

Happy Homecoming Weekend!!!


No comments:

Post a Comment