Thursday, October 6, 2011

Elmwood Park Invite


It was a super day for a cross country meet.  It was probably a tad too warm for the Varsity runners, but by the time the JV ran, the cool air in the shade made it quite comfortable for runners and spectators alike.  We had some strong finishers again, but everyone put in a great effort.
Well done.
Well run!

Varsity girls are up first today.


I unofficially heard that there were 19 teams total running today!

They're off!


At the first mile marker.


It's all in the hair!





Coming in toward the finish line...in 8th place!





(Sorry.  No stats to share yet.)

Next came the Varsity Boys...


Go GREEN!!!





Mile Marker One




(Somehow I missed runner #7--so sorry.  I'll get you on the next round!)
















Coming in toward the finish line...in 6th place!







Last, but not least, the JV boys...

(I apologize in advance for not getting as many pictures.  I did not realize 'til nearly the end of the race that yours was shorter and so it gave me fewer photo opportunities.)







During the races we enjoyed the beautiful backdrop of the changing fall colors.








(I missed a picture of our front-runner during this lap.  Sorry. You were just too fast for me!)







The cut across the field to the finish line took me by surprise.  I THOUGHT getting this corner shot would be a good place to catch the runners, and it was for our front-runner at least...



But #2 got past me too quickly to get a front shot.

And the rest were just too blurry--I underestimated their sudden increase of speed as everyone rounded the corner!



(It just got worse as the race wore one!)


Congrats to our medal winners!!!

Saturday the 15th, 9 a.m., is our Conference Meet at
Marmion Academy in Aurora.
(1000 Butterfield Road)

See you there!


No comments:

Post a Comment