Saturday, November 17, 2012

Saturday, November 17, 2012
Turkey Trot
Portage Park
Chicago, IL
9:30 a.m.

Only a few brave souls made it out to the annual Turkey Trot, but it proved to be profitable, no doubt, as well as a good time for all participants.


The prizes are ready and waiting.

First and second places:  Thanksgiving Turkey!

3rd and 4th places:  Pumpkin Pie


Final team prayer of the season

Heading toward the starting line.

Hmmm...what was that award?  "No shirt, no problem!"


We're ready!

The starting line
 Off they go!

       

 Almost 1/2 way through the course:





                            Sean:  "Wow!  I'm keeping up with G-$!"                          
                            G-$:    "Wow!  I really have to get past this shirtless guy!"


"I can't believe this little kid is in front of me!"

"No pain.  No pain.  No pain."













































                                  G-$:  "I really want to pass this guy."
                                  Jerry:  "I didn't expect to see Mr. G up here with me!"


"I really want that pie."

"I did it!"(But did she pass that kid???)





























"I finished a race without any pain!"

Proudly displaying his well-earned turkey.  Better than shopping at Ultra!!!

Yes!  He won his pie. (Watch out for the creeper in the background.)


More happy finishers.


Final stretches.



And a group shot with their prizes and medals.

Goodbye for now!!  See you next year.

No comments:

Post a Comment